Note: The deadline for our firm to accept clients for this lawsuit has currently passed.
LPT & Associates PLLC has joined the litigation against Iran on behalf of Veterans and their families. Those who served (or whose loved ones served) in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2003 and now, and were injured by Iranian-manufactured devices may qualify for compensation. Contact us via phone, email, or the contact form linked above for a free case review.
Iran has been linked to hundreds of deaths and injuries of US Veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2003. At least 500 were killed, and scores more injured, by Iranian-manufactured IEDs (improvised explosive devices), EFPs (explosively formed projectiles), and other munitions while serving overseas.
The country of Iran is now being sued by Veterans and their families due to the deaths and injuries caused by their devices in these attacks that have occurred since 2003.
“The suit alleges Iran has provided munitions, funding, training, supplies, advisers and other support for a multitude of terrorist organizations operating throughout the Middle East, including organizations known as Hezbollah, Ansar al-Islam and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard. In the past few decades, federal legislators have approved a slate of laws making it easier for U.S. citizens harmed by terrorist acts to seek justice and restitution from foreign countries.” – Pensacola News Journal, May 2017
Several national banks have also been implicated in these lawsuits, as it is suspected that billions were laundered to Iranian banks, which then was passed on to fund Iranian terror groups.
“More than 200 veterans and their families have filed a lawsuit against six international banks, accusing them of helping Iran transfer millions of dollars to militant groups that targeted and killed U.S. soldiers during the Iraq war. The suit, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, alleges that the banks helped Iran move billions of dollars through the U.S. financial system, with some of the money ending up with Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard Corps and its proxies like Hezbollah, which orchestrated attacks against U.S. forces in Iraq.” – Fox News, November 2014
How LPT & Associates can help you
Recently, the countries of Iran and Sudan were successfully sued due to the 1988 US Embassy bombings in Nairobi, Kenya. Leading this successful litigation was the Miller Firm LLP, an affiliated partner of LPT & Associates and part of the Miller family of law firms. They obtained a $10 billion settlement on behalf of those who were injured, killed, or suffered PTSD as a result of these bombings. Awarded amounts ranged roughly between 1.5 million and 7.5 million per victim, based on injury level.
Because of this recent settlement, and the current litigation against Iran, LPT's attorneys are thoroughly experienced in seeking justice for victims of terrorism. A majority of our attorneys also served in the US Military during the Gulf War, and are more than ready to help their fellow Veterans obtain the compensation they deserve.
- Iranian Terrorist Attacks - "Killing Americans and their Allies: Iran's Continuing War against the U.S. and the West"
- Banks implicated in this lawsuit
- HSBC: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/hsbc-holdings-plc-and-hsbc-bank-usa-na-admit-anti-money-laundering-and-sanctions-violations
- Credit Suisse: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/credit-suisse-agrees-forfeit-536-million-connection-violations-international-emergency
- Commerz Bank AG: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/commerzbank-ag-admits-sanctions-and-bank-secrecy-violations-agrees-forfeit-563-million-and
- Standard Chartered: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-standard-chartered-probe/standard-chartered-reaches-340-million-settlement-over-iran-idUSBRE87D0B520120814
- Barclays Bank: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/barclays-bank-plc-agrees-forfeit-298-million-connection-violations-international-emergency
- BNP Paribas: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/bnp-paribas-agrees-plead-guilty-and-pay-89-billion-illegally-processing-financial
- Overview of the Anti-Terrorism Act - H.R.2222 - Antiterrorism Act of 1992